Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I read, you read ...

Last night at bedtime, Rowdy and I read a few books. Yes, we do read nightly before bed but last night was totally different than any other night Rowdy and I have had. When I say that Rowdy read, I mean he actually read!!! I don't know who was more excited, me or him.
Of course the beginning started out like so many other nights...

Mom: Rowdy, let's lie down and work on some of your sight words.

Rowdy: NO! I don't want to work on my sight words.
Mom: Rowdy, stop jumping on the bed and get under the covers!
Rowdy: (CA-THUNK) I don't like sight words.
Mom: I'm sorry to hear that. We are going to work on your sight words.

Rowdy: Fine!
Not much longer after that Rowdy was learning how to change "foot" to "feet" and "feet" to meet". Once we finished The Foot Book, Rowdy asked for more. How exciting!

Next we grabbed I Like Bugs. This is one that Rowdy read several of the pages all by himself! Yippee! He was so excited I had to pry the book from his hands and get him to lie down. He made me promise that he could read another book tonight before bed. Looks like he's hooked! I'm so excited!! Now if we can just continue with this enthusiasm until August when he starts school ...


No comments: