Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The morning after ...

Oh, I'm sure that some of you just relish the thought of the birds singing and the sun shining first thing in the morning. If that is the case, you MUST be a morning person. I am NOT! I am not a morning person on regular morning when I have slept in a soft, cozy bed with my 6 pillows strategically placed around me. I am certainly not a morning person after sleeping in "nature"! Remember the wet, cold sleeping bag?
By the time Dad rustled me from my slumber the "morning after", he already had the fire roaring and coffee brewing. He loves to pop up at the first sign of light and meet the morning head-on. I on the other hand, must take my time, adjust to my surroundings and contemplate what lies ahead.

I peeled my aching body out of the tent to help make breakfast ... Actually, the kids did most of the work. They thought it was a blast to help cook breakfast. On the menu - scrambled eggs, bacon and hot chocolate (with whipped cream of course!). The aroma did begin to help release the tension from my aching back.

Rowdy's favorite of the morning ... hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. Most of the chocolate, as you can see, ended up on his face. Well, actually it was a toss up ... he liked the hot chocolate but he loved digging his latrine ... As I guess any typical boy would, he loved the idea of relieving himself in nature with an actual hole to aim for. Any mother would be proud, I'm sure ...

Petunia enjoyed sitting by the fire ...

Dad loved it all ...

Long before breakfast was finished, I was ready to hit the shower at the condo and get cleaned up. I was D-O-N-E; at least for another year. Again, Miss Priss was ready to go home!


2 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love this and it reminded me of the analogy I give Jack - my five year old...I tell him that in the morning, he wakes like a puppy...bouncing and wagging and ready to go...Julia (3 years old) and Mommy both wake like kitties...we stretch...we yawn, we lay there and are VERY grumpy when the puppy rushes us! :) hahahaha!

Beaver said...

Amen sister! Sounds like I'm reading about myself - if ever I was subjected to the torture of "camping out" somewhere. Heaven forbid!! I dread the day that I'm sure will have to come at some point . . .