The weekend that started Spring Break, our Home Owner's Association had a really big Easter Egg Hunt. (I asked Mom what a Home Owner's Association was and she said that is just a fancy word for a neighborhood that sucks money from you on January 1 of each year.) Mom says they do this hunt every year but I really can't remember that far back. Heck, I can't remember to put my toys away after I've been told - how am I suppose to remember a whole year back?
Anyway, the neighborhood gathered around our community pool and set up several different areas for us kids to have an Easter Egg Hunt. Of course they started with the BABIES, which meant us big kids had to wait FOREVER to start. As Petunia and I were waiting, I saw several of my friends from school. Wow ... that sure was fun! I didn't think I would see them again until after Spring Break. My friend Matthew and I decided that since the wait was taking soooo long, we would go over and play on the playground to kill some time.
Come on ... do you blame us? It was quite crowded and people were started to step on my toes. Look at all these 6-8 year olds ...
Matthew and I had a great time playing on the playground. It seemed like we were the only ones there for at least a few minutes. Once we made our way across the monkey bars, the bouncy bridge, the rungs, up the stairs and back down the slide, we headed back over to wait our turn for the hunt. Can you believe that the hunt had happened without me?!? I just didn't understand. How could that be? I just went to play with my friend for a minute. Mom said this is what I missed ...
The Easter Bunny finally made his way over to our area and did a count down to start. Mom said that several of the kids didn't even wait for him to say G-O before they made a mad dash for it.
Petunia even hurried out to find her fill of eggs. She never even asked where I was.
I was so upset that I had missed the hunt. I was on the verge of throwing an all out temper tantrum about missing out on all the eggs with all the cool prizes when Petunia told me that she would share hers with me. Now, wasn't that the nice thing to do? Mom seemed to think so ...
I guess it was. Mom wanted to take our picture together sitting by a tree but I was still sulking just a tad and didn't want any part of that. All I really, really wanted to do was to crack open some eggs and eat a little chocolate. My family just loves it when I eat sugar. They say that I act a lot like Hammy from "Over the Hedge". I think Hammy is the greatest!! Maybe we are a little alike.
After I opened a few eggs, we headed up to the top of the hill to see what was going on. I quickly found the snack section and grabbed a bag of Cheetos and a bottle of water. Mmmmm ... my favorite. I really wanted to get my face painted but the line was way too long. Mom was able to talk me into taking a turn at the cake walk ...
Even though I did get to go around and around with a few of my friends from school, I was very sad that I didn't win the big treat.
As we were leaving, Petunia and I were able to snag a photo op with the fluffy bunny ...
Of course, as usual, Mom found a spot that she thought would make a really cute picture so Petunia and I had to sit and pretend to smile while she took our pictures a few times ...
My Mom is great and all, but she really needs to cool it with the camera some times.
All in all, it was a pretty fun time. I just hope that the "real" Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma's is more productive for me!




1 comment:
Ok, THAT is funny.
Post a Comment