Friday, December 12, 2008

Date night

Dad's new job certainly has some great perks. Thanks to his employer, he has had a chance to take both kids to professional sporting events. This past weekend was Petunia's turn. This time Dad had tickets to a professional basketball game in the city. This was SUPPOSE to be a date night for Dad and I. He put in for the tickets a few weeks in advance and I even had it on the calendar as a "date night". Petunia was sad when Dad took Rowdy to the hockey game so Dad and I decided that he would take Petunia to the basketball game. I guess I'm OK with this. I've never been to a "real" basketball game but Petunia enjoys the sport and I can "people watch" another time...
Ready to hit the town ...

This left Rowdy and I on our own. We ate dinner at a local pizza joint (much to my dismay!) and then head to see some reindeer. No, not just ANY reindeer ... THE Donner and Blitzen!



Rowdy liked the reindeer but he certainly was only appeasing me! He really only wanted to get home to watch a movie. Ahhhh ... but a mother with a camera will certainly cause pause to his plans ...

There was a beautiful tree ...
Just waiting for a picture ...

There were some smaller trees around with "presents" (just waiting for pictures ...)

There were play houses just waiting for pictures ...

More trees and presents waiting for jumping (and pictures!)

Oooops!
Next, I found this neat place ...This group donates trees to families of servicemen/women. We wrote a little note and then picked out a tree to have donated to a family ...

These trees were being taken to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio... (hmph - for those of you who REALLY know me)
So after calling my sister-in-law and telling her to add this place to her list when she is in town, Rowdy and I headed off to Toys R Us and WalMart for a little Christmas shopping. We did finally make it home for a movie but my dream of Rowdy falling asleep while watching the movie didn't happen. Oh well ... those things just never seem to go as planned!

2 comments:

CSL said...

I love the blog on your date night with "Mr. Rowdy." And I didn't know we had "Trees for Troops" here. My best friend's husband is in the USAF in NC, and this year, "Trees for Troops" provided them with a great gift--a Christmas tree. :-)

Kimberly said...

What a great date night for you and your little guy!