I had great plans to take some time this past week and catch up on some much needed blogging. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. And why, you ask? Because I couldn't get my nose out of this ...
This little series is all the rage amongst Petunia's friends. She has been begging me to let her read this book. I told her that I needed to read it first to make sure it was appropriate. I cringed at the thought of reading this because vampires and such are SO NOT anything that interests me.
I almost hate to admit this ... I couldn't put the blame thing down! I finished it in just a few days. Had it not been for things like, work, kids and sleep, I probably could have done it in 24 hours! Now ... I ... must ... read ... the ... next ... one ...
Ooops ... looks like it could be a little longer than anticipated before you hear from me again!
PS - I really don't think Petunia is ready to read this book (and certainly not see the movie). She is going to be so disappointed ...




3 comments:
Ok, I can't believe that her friends are reading this, because all of the 20's and 30's I know are reading this book! Can you bring it to CO? I'm not a reader at all, but maybe I could get into it.
I agree- can't believe 4th graders are reading Twilight! I can't see letting my girls read it - not for a long time!!
I couldn't put it down either!
I am right there on the "not ready" verdict. :) It will forever humor me - how so many FREAKED about Harry Potter and "magic" - and yet - Mom's are shoving each other DOWN for Twilight...and VAMPIRES...I guess some how justification occurs because there is no "magic" - no - not any wolf transformations - or lack of sleep - no magic at all...no witchery - just BLOOD SUCKING...and - let me rant about one more little thing they forget to mention - Harry Potter did not base the book on ROMANCE - but friendship, courage and loyalty instead...Where I can see the loyalty and courage in Twilight as I read it - I definitely chuckled at the mom's who just "had to read it ONLY to make sure their daughter's could handle it" and really it was due to the ROMANCE they couldn't put down! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Hilarious to me... - LYLAS...your forever Harry Potter fanatical fan Jodi :) P.S. The Twilight movie was HORRIBLE - she is not missing anything - seriously - the acting was very "B" budget...But you know...I am not opinionated about any of it - no not at all... :)
Post a Comment