Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A new friend ...

Earlier this month we had the pleasure of meeting some of our neighbors. Yes, I know ... we have lived in this house for 2 1/2 years and know very few people in our immediate vacinity. We were all outside watching Rowdy learn to ride his bike when we were greated by this great big Teddy Bear of a guy who wanted to introduce his son to Rowdy. Turns out that Rowdy and his son are the same age. Teddy Bear guy and his wife have 3 boys, 8, 5 and 7 months. Apparently the 8 year old has many friends to play with but the 5 year old hasn't found anyone nearby to buddy up with. Need I say more ... Rowdy and his new friend are now inseparable!

Two weeks ago Petunia, Rowdy and I were over at their house one afternoon. The boys and Petunia were running around the swimming pool in the backyard. The boys thought it was "fun" to squirt each other with the cold water from the pool. After a while (just a little after the time I thought to myself "we really need to go") Rowdy thought it would be a great idea to push Petunia into the pool. Yes, that is right ... the ice cold pool. Yes, pools are quite COLD in February! Teddy Bear guy rescued Petunia from the pool and I grabbed Rowdy. Boy was he in trouble!!

Dad brought Petunia some dry clothes down and took Rowdy home. Once I got Petunia cleaned up and apologized profusely for my crazy offspring. Teddy Bear guy offered for Rowdy to come back the following weekend for a dip in the hot tub ... once it was heated! Dad and I were able to keep Rowdy on his toes all week with this bribe. Why is it that kids don't seem to care if it is 60 degrees if water is involved??


Cool Slideshows

2 comments:

FreakyHollywood said...

I am innocent I had nothing to do with what happened. How ever I do like the shampoo story can you tell me again how it goes? Love ya

Kimberly said...

Cute pictures!! How do you that? I really enjoy hearing what y'all are up to. I sure do miss all of y'all!