
I had to call in the reinforcements - DAD! Unfortunately, Dad was in a meeting until 6:00 last night and didn't have his cell phone with him. No phone meant that he didn't get my message at 4:00 saying I think I'm going to need help
tonight - come get Rowdy at church and bring him home early. He also didn't get the three back to back phone calls I made at 5:30 from the church OR the S-O-S text I sent at 5:45! Technology is great when used properly!!!
Dad did come and get Rowdy about 6:30 and took him home. I knew that I was at my wits end at 5:30 and called and told the Team KID director that there was no way I could teach a class of 20 5 year olds without the possibility of hurting someone, so I needed a subsitute. Rowdy seemed fine with everything until he learned that he wasn't going to Team KID (Kids In Discipleship) with
his other friends and that he had a one way ticket home. Do you know what that turkey did then? He ran from me and ran down the hallway of the Children's Building. I had to sprint to catch up with him. Fortunately, a good friend met up with me shortly after the evening jog and sat with Rowdy until Dad showed up.
his other friends and that he had a one way ticket home. Do you know what that turkey did then? He ran from me and ran down the hallway of the Children's Building. I had to sprint to catch up with him. Fortunately, a good friend met up with me shortly after the evening jog and sat with Rowdy until Dad showed up.Of course I was still on edge by the time Petunia got out of GAs and we headed home. I went to tell Rowdy good night and as soon as I stepped foot in his room he apologized. An apology followed by that sweet little "Momma, I love you" always melts my heart. Why can this kid be so sweet one minute and a total terror the next???
I'm sure this afternoon will be a barrel of fun when he remembers that he has lost the priviledge of watching TV for the next 2 days. Oh, I can hardly wait ...




1 comment:
I love these pictures of "Rowdy"! Now, you can not tell me that Rowdy does not meet the height/weight for a booster seat! Is he not 40lbs already?
Post a Comment