I spent the six months before Petunia started kindergarten totally stressing over it. Should she go to public school or should I fight for private school? With a summer birthday, should we hold her back? Is she really ready? Am I really ready? I have spent the last six months worried about whether or not Rowdy would make it through kindergarten without getting to know the principal on a first name basis. I knew full well he was mature enough for kindergarten. I had no doubts that he was academically ready for kindergarten. I guess I never focused on how I would feel when he went to the "big" school.
It all hit me in one fell swoop on Thursday night ...
Rowdy marched right into his classroom, found his seat and never skipped a beat.
Dad said his goodbyes and so did Mom ...
Not long after the bell rang to signal the official start of the day, it was time to march outside for the ceremonial raising of the flag. Guess who made his way to line leader right out of the gate?
I think we are going to be OK ...
As an aside I must mention that we are THRILLED with who God blessed Rowdy with to guide him through his kindergarten year. Mrs. H was Petunia's teacher for kindergarten. She loves children, especially little boys who are a bit more rowdy than others. We have no doubt that God answered our prayers!!




1 comment:
Well, you looked like you hadn't adjusted by Tuesday. I didn't see any trace of the tears at the ortho! :-) I guess I have to get my first day of school pics online now...
Post a Comment