Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mission CHRISTmas

In case you haven't gathered it from previous post, our church is very "mission" minded. We are constantly finding new ways to share the love of Christ with those around us. Perhaps the thing I love the most is that we focus as much on our own "Jerusalem" as we do with areas further from home. The past two years, we have gathered together on a Wednesday night, got our marching orders, and spread throughout the community sharing a little of God's love with those around us. Some groups go to area nursing homes and deliver Christmas cards made by the preschool children in the church and sing carols while others deliver large (I mean MEGA-LARGE) cookie platters to area service people (firemen, policemen, sheriff officers, etc.)

Both years our family has delivered a cookie platter to one of the area fire stations. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how much Rowdy LOVED these trips ...

This year we went to the newly built Central Fire Station. I was so excited that we were able to go to this one ... it has a real fire pole!! While we were there, one of the trucks came back to the station (they had been out for three hours helping with a water main break at a grocery store) and gave us quite a show ...
With a little help from the kids, we were able to get a few of the firemen to slide down the pole ...




















We took a group shot of the kids, thanked them for all they do for us, gave them a Christmas Devotional guide, and wished them a Merry CHRISTmas! We can't wait to do it again next year ...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Just another reason we miss McKinney....the church!
Looks like a great and fun way to share Christ's love.