Thursday, March 6, 2008

Didn't We Just Do This?

Like I said before, if you don't like the weather in Texas ...

Yesterday was a gorgeous day! It was sunny with a high of 67. A perfect day to play outside with friends and enjoy the sunshine. Well, 24 hours later, we had this ...


Two hours later out we went to build the perfect snowmen.


Rowdy insisted that he have a baseball snowman. He gathered up his "T", bat, ball and baseball hat. He would have put his jersey on it if I would have let him. He informed me that I was a horrible snowman maker. He apparently didn't like how I made his snowman. Hey, I'm from Texas. We don't get much snow down here and when we do, it is rare that it sticks together well. If he wanted a "real" snowman, he should have waited until the Colorado born Daddy came home from work!

Ok, so maybe I COULD have worked a little harder to get the face in the right order. Rowdy was hopping up and down about getting a face on him and tearing the kitchen to pieces looking for things to use. Since we didn't have any "large" carrots, he grabbed one from an arrangement on the kitchen table. I sighed, but made it work. I just wanted to get this snowman done so I grabbed some mini carrots for the eyes and Coco Puffs for his mouth. Sorry I didn't put the mouth under the big nose ... Thus the title of "Horrible-est Snowman Maker Mom".

While I was dealing with Mr. Crabby, Petunia gave up on her snowman and went back inside to play with the dogs ...

Of course, not until after she made a snow angel and got snow down her shirt!

I wonder if this will be the end of our Winter Wonderland or if there will be more? I guess only time will tell.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I thought your snowman looked pretty good!