Easter weekend was quite typical for Texas ... warm and sunny. Of course that didn't carry over into Easter morning.
Dad got up and went to help with the sunrise service at church. This would be the same sunrise service that started at 6:45 AM ... The rest of us were just getting out of bed when this service was starting. We joined him at church for the 8AM service - much better for those of us who have a hard time getting up super early.
After rousing the kids from bed, they both came barreling down the stairs in hopes that the Easter Bunny had come to visit. Of course they were not disappointed ...
I wish you could have heard Petunia when I took this picture. She said "Oh Mom ... PLEASE don't put this on the blog". Ooops ...
Rowdy is looking a little rough this morning. He was quite cranky (which carried over into other parts of the day).
After getting everyone dressed, it was time for the annual photographs. Since Rowdy's outfit was made of linen, I had big dreams of taking our Easter pictures Saturday afternoon since we would be leaving so early on Sunday morning. Well, as usual, that didn't quite work out. So, I was hustling to get the kids to stand together for their annual photo ...
As you can see, Rowdy wanted no part of the photo shoot. Petunia was cold and ready to get in the car ...
I finally got at least one "decent" smile and then Petunia hustled off to the car ...
as I got one last sulking shot from my boy.
Once we got to church, things went smoothly. Both kids sat still through the whole service. It was a fabulous way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord - in His house with my family. I wonder if Mary Magdalene was as cold as we were when she went to the tomb that Sunday morning so long ago?




No comments:
Post a Comment