The first day of school is marked with a flag raising ceremony. Each student gathers around the flagpole; watches the ceremonial flag raising; says the Pledge of Allegiance; sings the Star-Spangled Banner; sings the school song; heads back to class before they officially melt from the Texas heat.
Here is Rowdy as he waits ...

Let's take a closer look at that ...
Boy, are we going to have an interesting year.
So this is what it looks like once you make it to the 4th grade ...
The sun was in Petunia's eyes and she looked over at me as if to say "Let's just get this over with". I hear ya sister!



We'll meet back here in June, on the last day of school, to lower the flag as one community. It seems like such a long ways away. I'm sure it will be here before we know it.




1 comment:
I love this tongue photo - it is cracking me UP! :)
Post a Comment