Friday, October 24, 2008

Howdy Partner!

Last weekend was a CRAZY one! Dad and Rowdy went to our church's Men's Ministry campout Friday night; Petunia and I attended the school Fall Festival. Saturday morning Petunia and I got up and headed to our local flea market (one of my favorites!!). Dad called on his way home from the campout and asked if we wanted to go to a "Cowboy" event in our town. We only had about 1 1/2 hours before the kids had a birthday party to go to and I didn't have my camera but ... SURE! Fortunately, I DID have my Blackberry with me. Have I told you lately how much I LOVE my phone?!?


At a park out in the "country" there was a real party going on. People had their covered wagons out and had cooked a great big authentic country dinner (chicken fried steak, kettle potatoes, pinto beans, and peach cobbler - for $12/each thank you very much!). Apparently these folks got up and started cooking at 4:30 am in order for lunch to be ready by noon. I have to admit that it was pretty neat to see it all ...

On one side of the park was a whole tribute to Indians ... real, live American Indians. The kids were totally amazed. I don't think they realized that there really are American Indians. There was a T-pee set up for the kids to go into ...
... and a special ceremony for fallen soldiers ...

... with a real, live Indian in a head dress (which had us all in awe!)


So, after forking out $36 for 1 hour and 15 minutes of fun, we were off to our next adventure ... the birthday party for a friend! It really was a crazy weekend ...

No comments: