Saturday, October 25, 2008

Let the races begin ...

Last month the kids' school held their annual fall PTA fundraiser. This year, instead of having to beg for volunteers, the PTA opted to "outsource" the annual event. I'm not sure how much money was raised but it certainly was GREAT to only go and "watch" and not "work"!
The company came and set up their own "race track" the morning of ...
Here's Rowdy's class all lined up and ready for directions ...
Here they are all waving to the camera. Isn't his teacher just the cutest thing?
I think Rowdy has a crush on her ...

Here's Petunia with her class (later on that morning). They weren't quite as "excited" as the first graders. I guess that happens when you are cool and in the 4th grade ...
They did a great job making sure that everyone was warmed up and ready to go ...
Reach way up ....
Then reach way down ...
They did an easy trip around the track at first ...
and then got BUSY!
Oh, and don't forget to stop and have a tally mark done each time you go around!
Petunia made it around 24 times and Rowdy did 17. Both were exhausted when I picked them up from school ... I love it!!!

1 comment:

CSL said...

I cannot believe how dedicated you are. YOU TOOK ALL OF THOSE PHOTOS! I didn't even want to be at Walker for the fundraiser--I would rather sell poinsettias for the Faubion Band. Please, PLEASE, don't make me chase all of those first graders around!

(But don't tell Nathaniel. He thinks I'm a cool mom, especially since I'm teaching first grade Sunday School! SHHHH!)

I'm SO proud and impressed with you!