Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello World!

I think those pre-teen hormones are kicking in for Petunia. Yesterday, on the way to church, she was quite sour. Now, I'm getting this second hand, but I still feel it is worthy of a "memory".
Dad, Rowdy and Petunia were on their way to church. (I very seldom leave with them at the same time because ... well ... I'm slow on Sunday mornings ...) Petunia grabbed her name badge out of the van and got in Dad's truck. She apparently set the badge on the console where it slid off at some point. When she started looking for it, she started yelling at Rowdy. She accused him of taking it. It apparently got pretty ugly. Ugly enough for Dad to stop the car!
Once the world was set back on it's correct axis (the badge had just slid off the console), Rowdy proclaimed from the back seat ...
"Petunia, you need to put a smile on your face that says 'Hello World! May I take your order!'"
Dad cracked up immediately. Petunia ... not so much!
Now my question is ... Where does this child come up with this stuff????

1 comment:

CSL said...

I love you, Rowdy! Of course, I frequently need to put a smile on my face and say, "Hello World!"

Thanks for the laugh!