Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy birthday Petunia!


What a big day! My sweet baby girl turns 10 today! Can you believe it??? T-E-N! Double digits! I'm not sure where the time has gone.


My first born, you give me great joy! Your Daddy and I love you so very much. Once you have a child of your own, you will understand just how much.


In the past year, you have:
  • Completed the 4th grade with flying colors.
  • Played on a championship volleyball team.
  • Played some of the best basketball games you have EVER played!
  • Began wearing certain "undergarment" items.
  • Discovered that reading can be fun!
  • Continued to be a great big sister.
  • Had your first x-ray.
  • Found that you love Ceasar Salad.
  • Rocked at the Wii.
  • Helped lead worship for the children at church.
  • Had your first manicure.
  • Cooked your first full meal (with little help from me!).
  • Went to your first sleep-away camp -and loved it!
  • Helped serve the needy in our city through the Garage Give Away and Mission CHRISTmas.
  • Danced in another Kids Summer Praise musical.
  • Can almost wear my shoes!

May God continue to bless you! I'm so proud to be called your mom! I {heart} you - in a major way!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She didn't wear underwear before? Ya'll made her wait until now? I'm sure she'll appreciate that one! Love you H! We'll call later today. We have VBS tonight.

Jenny

CSL said...

Cannot believe how much she has grown up. Y'all are doing a great job.