On Monday, our first full day north of the Texas border, Grandma left early to go to the Springs to pick up Uncle Pooh, Aunt J and Landree. That gave us a perfect opportunity to spend a little time outdoors. Dad and Rowdy were itching to get to Bear Lake to try their hand at fishing. Petunia and I really had hoped for a relaxing morning back at the condo but the boys guilted us into joining them ...
We always have to hike over to "our spot". Supposedly at "our spot" we will catch lots of fish. Lots and lots of fish ...
Petunia got her reel ready and sat down to wait.
Rowdy wasn't quite happy enough with "our spot" so he and I headed a little further down so he could be all by himself as he fished. He really did well. He baited his own hooks, which is a good thing because I don't do worms (or salmon eggs, or marshmallows, etc.). I am just around to help as necessary and make sure I get plenty of great memory-making photos. I don't fish ... It goes along with camping. I don't camp either (as you may recall).
Lots of fish did not happen. After about an hour, Rowdy lost interest in the conventional way of catching fish. He resorted to the scoop method. This WAS the only way any fish were caught this day. He caught one dead fish!
Poor Dad. All he really wanted to do was to savor his fishing excusion. I think he is learning that it may be a few years before he is completely able to relax during fishing time. Until then, it is up to him to bait the hooks, cast the reels, help bring in the fish, and DEFINATELY take them off the hooks.
No fish were caught this day but do not fear ... fish were caught later in the week!
To be continued ...












No comments:
Post a Comment