Yesterday I was privileged to utilize the gift God has entrusted me with to memorialize the funeral for a friend’s husband. At the age of 43, this decorated United States Air Force Lieutenant Colonel (ret) fought a lengthy battle with cancer. He leaves behind a wife and 12 year old daughter that he dearly loved. Additionally, he leaves a host of friends, family and comrades that love him dearly.
I didn’t have the privilege of knowing this gentleman before he became ill. I barely knew him after he moved to our town (to be close to his wife’s family). I have grown to know his wife and daughter more through church and friends.
Sunday night the wife approached me and asked if I would mind taking photos of the funeral service for her. She didn’t know what she would do with them but knew she wanted them for her daughter to have many years from now. I immediately broke down in tears.
I am humbled that God placed me in their lives for such a time as this.




No comments:
Post a Comment