Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MIC…KEY…MOUSE!!

Friday, May 7, 2010…

None of us have ever been to Walt Disney World.  When I was 15, I went to Disney Land in California but never any of parks in Florida.  I desperately wanted the kids to get a true Orlando experience.  And what exactly does that include???  A trip to Walt Disney World of course!  We knew we couldn’t get all the parks in and had to make a choice on what we would do.  I fought tooth and nail for Magic Kingdom since everyone I talked to said that was the “true” Disney experience.

About 6 weeks before our trip Dad got his work schedule for the conference.  We learned that he had to work almost all day on Friday.  We battled discussed numerous times about spending Friday at WDW.  Due to the rest of the trip schedule, Friday was the only day we could fully enjoy a day at one of the parks.  As sad as it was, Dad didn’t get to join us for our fun-filled (freakishly HOT) day at Magic Kingdom.

One of the other mom’s (Mel) from our town/church whose husband also works with Dad jumped on my bandwagon and we decided we would take our kids to Magic Kingdom by ourselves.  I’m so glad we did.  It is a day none of us will ever forget …

IMG_6544 We didn’t rent a car while in Florida but Mel found us a “driver” to get us to and from the park for $20 each way.  His name was Omar and he really was great.  He dropped a very, very excited group of people off early Friday morning at the Polynesian and gave us instructions on how to ride the monorail to the park entrance.

Then we arrived at the front gate, paid our small fortune and the fun began …

IMG_3964 Of course we immediately gravitated to THE castle. 

IMG_5930 IMG_5927 IMG_5928

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not only is it amazing on the outside, the inside is even better.  The entire way through the center is full of mosaics from scenes of Cinderella.  They are breathtaking!

To be continued…

1 comment:

CSL said...

I love DisneyWorld. It truly is a magical place! Cannot wait to go back and so glad you had a great visit! Thanks for the picts of your beautiful kiddos.