Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Decorations

Merry Christmas! Wow, I can't believe Christmas is only 3 days away. It seems like just last week it was Thanksgiving. In true Family fashion, the house is completely decked out. We joined the ranks of Grandma this year with 6 (yes, that is 6!) Christmas trees this year. Here we go ...


First, there is the tree in the kitchen. Yes, I know ... THE KITCHEN! The entire kitchen is the Gingerbread theme. This 6 foot tree is trimmed with multi-colored lights, gingerbread ornaments, and random kitchen themed ornaments. My mom made the tree skirt for my birthday last year.


Around the corner is our "traditional" tree. I say traditional because I grew up without a "theme" of any kind on our trees at home. This tree is decorated with white lights and random family ornaments. There are several ornaments that H&J have made over the past few years. They enjoyed helping place the ornaments on the tree. Of course Mom came behind them to help balance it all out.




Keeping going and there is the "White Tree" in the dining room. I guess technically it is white and silver. I tried to copy the trees that are at church this year but realized it was nothing like those trees. Oh well, it is pretty with the white lights and pretty white ornaments.
Up the stairs we go to H's room. Her 6 foot tree started two years ago with the snowman theme. We were following through with the theme from the quilt that Grandma made for her bed. This year, she and I got a little more bold. On one of our shopping excursions after Thanksgiving, she and I found the cute ribbon that makes up the bow on top. It really is perfect for her - bold and bright! It goes well with her purple walls. After we found the ribbon, we decided to see what type of inexpensive ornaments we could come up with at Big Lots (my FAVORITE store!). She helped choose several lime green, hot pink and purple ornaments. These combined with her previous snowmen ornaments and blue lights turned out to be the cutest!




Then, down the hall is J's tree. He was happy as a lark with it in years past. This year he realized that H's tree was taller. I guess next year I'll have to get him a 6 foot tree. This is the Charlie Brown tree if I have ever seen one. J got the really old, unbreakable ornaments. It looked a little sparce so off to the playroom we went. We got creative and used toys to help round out the ornaments - dinosaurs, trucks, tractors, pirates - Oh My! Of course, his tree looked a little better before he started taking all the toys off in the middle of the night ...


Finally, there is tree number 6 ... located outside on the front porch. It only has white lights and a few cinammon pinecones on it. It seems to really light up the night ...













No comments: