One night back in September, H announced at dinner that she had gotten out of bed the night before, got on her knees, and asked Jesus to come in her heart. Dad and I almost choked on our food. Of course I immediately started crying and Dad started asking questions. It certainly appeared that she knew exactly what she had done and what she was talking about. Just to be sure, we called Uncle Jeff to talk to her. (It is so nice to have a "creacher", another story for another time, in the family). Uncle Jeff confirmed our suspicions - H knew what she was doing and had done and was confident in her decision. WOW - all at the age of 7!
Dad and I have certainly lived by Deut. 11:19 - "Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." We are so blessed that we have had the support of our family, friends and church to encourage us and enable us to follow through on this promise we made at her baby dedication.
I think one of my most memorable moments of the event has to be the night before when we sat down as a family and gave H some "momentos" to remember this special occasion by. Dad and I told her how proud we were of her and that this is the most important decision she will ever make. I told her that this is something we have prayed for since before she was born. At that, she looked at me, eyes wide open, and said "Wow ... that's like over 7 years!" She seemed so surprised that we had been praying for so long.




No comments:
Post a Comment