Petunia started 4th grade today. Although I don't know anything about her teacher, I am pleased with who she was assigned to. I guess I should say, I don't know anything about any of the teachers she has this year. For the first time, she will be "switching" classes throughout the day. The whole class will rotate through the day between three teachers for different subjects. Hmmm ... this might be a really good way to get the best of each teacher. It is really done to start preparing them for middle school, but I prefer to look at it as Petunia will have the best teacher (for her) to teacher math, the best teacher (for her) to teach writing (which is HUGE this year), and the best person (again ... for her) to teach science.
First day of 2nd grade
August 2006


I can't believe how much she has grown and changed. I know all parents say it, but really people ... where does the time go? Didn't we just move into this house and she start kindergarten???
And then there is Rowdy ... Oh, my child that keeps me on my toes every step of the way...
He would never admit to you that he was excited about school starting but he certainly had trouble sleeping last night (to the point that we awoke this morning to find him curled up on the floor at the foot of our bed) and really had no trouble getting up and ready today. So, how did the drop off go? Well ...
Immediately upon reaching the school, my lovely son proclaims that he needs to "use the facilities". Why could he not have done this before we left the house? It's not like he wasn't sitting around watching TV for AT LEAST 15 minutes before we left the house. Good grief!
So, I took Petunia to her room and said my fair-the-wells and then headed down to Rowdy's room; pass Dad in the hall after he has taken Rowdy to do his business and get situated in his room. I make it to Rowdy's room for my "have a great day/make good choices" speech. Hmmm ... I wonder how his day will go? Before we go there, let's reminisce about Rowdy's first day of kindergarten last year ...
First day of Kindergarten
August 2007

Oh, so sweet ... such a big boy. So ready for his scholarly experience.
Now, first day of 1st grade ...
I think he has grown a little too comfortable with his school experience. Is that what I have to look forward to ? The class clown ...
Now I will be the first to admit that Rowdy and I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of the same personality traits. However, I was NEVER, ever the class clown. This is going to be an interesting year.




2 comments:
Looks like a great first day!
You have your hands full with that little guy! Wow!
Post a Comment