Monday, February 9, 2009

The Infirmary

Welcome to our Infirmary ...

...better known as the family living room.


This is Rowdy. Yes, now my precious son as Type A flu. If this weren't bad enough (since we JUST did this last week with Petunia), Rowdy has Reactive Airways Disease (very similar to Asthma). The flu and RAD do not mix well. We have been told since he was diagnosed with RAD that the last thing this kid needs is the flu. Therefore, each year, like clockwork, we all hustle down and line up for our flu shots. Rowdy escaped the last flu round (2002) but wasn't so lucky this time.


So, it's going to be a long night, and couple of days, as well live giving round the clock breathing treatments, Tylenol, Sprite, Sponge Bob Squarepants ... basically anything we can do to keep this poor kid comfortable.


Tomorrow morning we have to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray to make sure we aren't dealing with pneumonia. Of course we are desperately praying that all is clear in his little lungs, but thankful that his doctor is taking no chances.


So, we would greatly appreciate your prayers for our little guy as well as the rest of the family. Dad and I are scheduled to go away to a Marriage Conference this coming weekend. Of course if Rowdy isn't better, or if either Dad or I get it, that isn't going to happen.


On another note, my very observant sister-in-law noticed that Petunia was lying on a new sofa. We are thrilled to FINALLY have new furniture. So, for Aunt J, here is another picture of the living room at a different angle. As you can see, we are keeping the coffee and end tables but I am painting them black (of course!) and distressing them. Maybe with my "free" time this week, I can finish this project.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, I won't give you too hard of a time since R is so sick, but you'll have to do a living room post soon. The coffee table looks awesome! Hope R is better soon-so sad!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!
No fun at all. For anyone.

Kimberly said...

Man, that stinks! Two sick children back to back! I hope R's lungs are well and that y'all did not get sick.

CSL said...

Poor boy! I hope he's better now! I had all three sick 2 weeks ago and one got sick again last week--type A flu. Gotta love it when the flu shot doesn't cover what's going around! :-) Miss seeing y'all. Maybe someday soon, huh?