Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I stand corrected

We all had a really hard time getting up and moving this morning. The kids have had the last four days out of school which always makes for a rough morning. In an effort to get everyone motivated and moving this morning I had my own little pep rally.
It started as I woke both kids up ... or tried to. As I rustled the sheets, I told them what a great day today was in our nation's history. Get up! You won't want to miss it. Petunia groaned and moaned.
20 minutes later, as I was sitting around the kitchen table eating breakfast with the kids, I continued my pep rally ...
"Guys, today is a fabulous day in our nation's history. I bet you get to watch TV in school today. Be sure to pay close attention. I promise this will be one of those days many years from now that your children will ask you about. They are going to want to know where you were the day President Obama was sworn into office. You know, we have never had a black man as President."
To which Petunia responded "Mom, he's not black. His skin is tan."
So there you have it. I stand corrected.

3 comments:

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Well - so much for being politically correct!

that's so funny!

kari and kijsa said...

SO funny!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

It was a GREAT day of celebration in OUR household. :) Hee Haw from THIS donkey Jodi - However, as a BIG supporter of his - I still do not understand why he is not called the first "biracial" president - His mother is as white as snow...Hmm...I need to read more of his journey to be informed, I guess...