Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another IBSA perk

Oh, there are so many but this one was pretty great! Back in October, Interstate Battery held Family Day at Six Flags. Family Day included parking passes, park tickets, speed passes, and a fully catered lunch. The kids had never been to Six Flags and Dad and I had talked about taking them earlier in the summer. When we heard about Family Day, of course we opted to wait! They were so stinkin’ excited!!


Our friends (their Dad works with our Dad – actually got our Dad the job at IBSA) got “the” limo for their son’s birthday weekend (which happened to coincide with Family Day). We hadn’t told the kids that we would be going with these friends so they were super excited when “the” limo pulled up in front of the house …



IMG_3267


The Dads and the kids rode in “the” limo while Beaver and I rode in our van. It was a great plan!!


IMG_3276



Dad and I hadn’t been to Six Flags since our 2nd wedding anniversary so this was a big treat for us as well. First on the list …


IMG_3279


IMG_3282


The excitement is mounting for my kids first roller coaster ride!




For those of you who have been (and haven’t been in a very long time) this ride still SMELLS the same as it did when I was a child!!


IMG_3291 I can’t believe these guys are STILL playing the same card game! They must have been working on this hand for at least the last 30 years!!


IMG_3292


Each of the kids had a “buddy” to ride the rides with (which meant Dad and I got to ride several together!). Petunia definitely gives into peer pressure. Her buddy was able to get her to ride things I know I never would have! It was fun to see them ride the Shock Wave over and over again. I know if she had been with just us, she would have taken one glance at those loops and said no way!


IMG_3296


Rowdy and I road the parachute ride together. Here is the view from up top … notice the “new” Cowboys stadium off to the left …


IMG_3310 And here is the view off to the right …


IMG_3311


There was a lot of interest at the Batman ride on each side of the rail. The boys were enthralled with the Batmobile. I believe they said this is the same car that was used in the movie. I could have that wrong. I didn’t pay much attention. I was too busy riding the ride. Over and over.


IMG_3313


IMG_3315


I personally couldn’t get enough of this ride. I loved it!


IMG_3316


IMG_3317This kid was in heaven with all the Interstate Battery stuff around …


IMG_3325-vi


Unfortunately, after (well actually DURING) lunch, the bottom dropped out of the sky. Our beautiful sunshine faded away and left us with grey clouds and rain. That didn’t stop us! It seemed to add a little extra excitement to the afternoon …






The adults certainly started fading much sooner than the kiddos …


IMG_3335-vi


Before we left for the day, the kids wanted to ride a water ride called “Aquaman”. There is no way that anyone can possibly ride this and come off of it dry which is why we left it until the end of the day. Plus they were already wet from the rain!


This is what the ride does at the end …


IMG_3333-vi


This is what you look like when you get off …


IMG_3348-viThis is what you look like when you get off after riding it 3 times in a row …


IMG_3349-vi


***Note – I did not ride. Someone had to stand under the awning and stay dry enough to take pictures, you know!


It was a great, great time and we can’t wait to go back again! Thanks IBSA for the awesome family day!! It will never be forgotten!


IMG_3340-vi

1 comment:

CSL said...

Very fun! We enjoy Six Flags, one of the events that the FMS band/choir/orchestra kids do each year, so I can go when I am free.