Monday, February 18, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Dinner

This is not to be confused with the upcoming Daddy/Daughter Dance - even though there WAS dancing at the dinner.



Friday night a Daddy/Daughter Dinner was held at our church. It was sponsored by the Girls in Action (GAs) and looks like it was a FABULOUS time.



Dad and Petunia before they left for their evening out ...


As far as I can remember, this is the first time there has been anything like this at church. I'm pretty sure this is the first time there was actual DANCING in our church. Did I mention our BAPTIST church?!?! Boy how times have changed ... And we are LOVING it!

If you have a habit of perusing my blogroll, you might recognize a few familar faces on that dance floor. Although he is not on my blogroll, my favorite is of Dr. W - my OB/GYN, twirling his daughter around the floor. Dr. and Mrs. W adopted their daughter from China several years ago. I never get tired of watching them with her. (He is the blonde holding the girl in the black and red dress.) Also, if you had known Dr. W as long as Dad and I have, you would be pretty surprised to see him cutting a rug too! I didn't believe it until I saw it myself!

Oh, and don't feel sorry for Dad ... even though it doesn't look like it, Petunia did dance many a dance with him!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I would have loved to see Dad dancing. We'll have to have him show us how he did it when we come to visit.