Monday, December 28, 2009

So Proud of my Boy

It’s hard to believe that 3 years ago when I started this blog, one of my very first posts was about Petunia’s baptism. Now I’m posting about the most important decision my son will ever make.

Back in the summer Rowdy accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. We were over joyed (of course) and I wanted to make sure that Uncle Pooh was the one to baptize him. Therefore, we had to wait until December to make that happen.

Uncle Pooh is a Youth/College minister in South Carolina so he isn’t able to come home very often. Fortunately for us, when he does come home, he is home for a pretty good stretch of time. Anyway, we got it all set up that the Sunday before Christmas would be his day! All the family was here to witness this great step in Rowdy’s journey as a Christian.

IMG_1840

Rowdy was so excited about his big day that he hardly slept the night before. He didn’t want to leave Uncle Pooh’s side the whole morning …

IMG_1841

Finally it was time to head towards the baptistery and get ready. One of the funniest parts of the whole morning was when I whispered to Rowdy to make sure he took his underwear off when he put his shorts on because I forgot to bring him an extra pair. He loudly (very loudly) exclaimed that he didn’t want to go naked! It certainly made everyone around laugh out loud!

IMG_1842

Again, so excited he can’t wait. He was so ready that he almost jumped in before it was time!

IMG_1843

IMG_1850

Uncle Pooh had to hold onto him! Again, so excited! Oh, and of course I was on the opposite side taking pictures. I’m sure that after this baptism there MIGHT be a new rule that no flashes are allowed. Apparently my flash was going off behind the preacher’s head :) ooops!

IMG_1851

It was finally his turn …

IMG_1858

“And because of your acceptance of Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, I can baptize you my brother in the name of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.”

IMG_1859

IMG_1860

Besides the fact that Uncle Pooh was there to do the honors, I was thrilled that Mrs. Barbara was there as well! Mrs. Barbara and I lead/teach KidzWorship each Sunday morning. She and I have become super close and I have cried on her shoulder many, many times over this little boy. It was so amazing to have her a part of his special day. Here we are together …

IMG_1871

After church, the whole family headed back to our house for lunch (only soup and sandwiches but hey, it was food!)

Besides having our whole family together, I have to say that one of my favorite parts to the afternoon was watching Landree play with Rowdy. They just LOVE each other! It is so sweet to see them together …

IMG_1887 IMG_1885

Of course I can not leave without posting this sweet picture of my precious niece. She went to Sunday School while at our church and got a great snack. She wasn’t finished when it was time to leave so she brought it with her …

IMG_1875

No comments: