I have decided that Valentine's parties at school are highly over rated. First there is the stress of making a "box" to have your cards/goodies put in. Then there is the tedious chore of picking out the perfect set of note cards for your children to pass out. There are no fewer than four dozen PER gender to shuffle through. Then if you are crazy and are the room mom, there is the never ending cycle of emails to be sent out to coordinate and organize the class party. All of that is before the actual day!
For this class party I spent a lot of time down in Rowdy's room directing traffic through musical chairs, HEART Bingo, and cookie decorating ...



At one point I was able to slip down to Petunia's room and see what they were up to. Not a whole lot different than the kindergarten classes ...

Of course the rest of the afternoon was a total waste ... my kids were on a sugar high!!!
I tried to wear the kids out by playing outside after school but there was way too much sugar in their system to do much good. Of course it didn't help that every time I turned around I found one of the kids had a hand in the goody box going for another piece of candy!




1 comment:
This looks so fun! I can't wait to decorate cookies with Landree...which reminds me I want to know how to make your bunny cake for Easter. Even though Landree might not remember I want to start our tradition :)
Post a Comment